CORN CHOWDER SOUP "SEVEN POINT FIVE"
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yields: 4-6 servings
Chowder Ingredients :
3 cups corn kernels ( reserve cobs for stock)
1 1/2 cup onion, finely diced
1 cup carrot, cut into 1/4" dice
1 cup celery, finely diced
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 lb Yukon potatoes, peeled and cut into small dice
2-3 tsp sea salt, or to taste
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
4 cups corn stock
2 cups whole milk or almond milk
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1 cups corn kernels
4 oz Misha's 7.5 cheese
3 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
2 Tbsp Chives, chopped, to garnish ( optional )
1 lime, cut into wedges, for serving
Corn Stock Ingredients:
4 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups milk or almond milk
1 cup heavy cream or coconut cream
How to Make the Corn Stock:
- Cut the kernels from the cobs and set kernels aside for making chowder. Place bare cobs in a stockpot.
- Add broth, 1 1/2 cups milk, and 1 cup cream to pot. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer uncovered 20 minutes. Use tongs to remove and discard cobs, strain before using corn stock .
How to Make the Chowder:
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the 3 cups of corn kernels , cookin for 3 minutes or until brown on 1 side
- Add onions, carrots and celery, stirring frequently, until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Add the corn stock, 1 cup of the milk, salt, cumin, coriander, and potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring once halfway through, until the potatoes are tender, 15 to 20 minutes
- In a blender, puree the remaining 1 cup of milk with 1 cup of the corn and cheese until smooth.
Pour corn mixture into chowder, stir until combined. Ladle into bowls and garnish with reserved and chopped cilantro and chives