Rajas con Crema (Poblano Pepper Recipe)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
8 fresh poblano chiles
2 tbsp butter
1 medium white onion sliced
2 cloves garlic minced
8 oz corn kernels
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp ground cumin
4 oz Mishas’s 7.5 cheese
1 cup Mexican crema or plant based sour cream or crème fraîche
- Roast the poblanos on stove top flame, turning them over occasionally, until skins are charred and blistered
- Once charred, place them in a plastic bag for 10 minutes to sweat. Peel the charred skin from the roasted poblano peppers and slice them into 1 inch strips.
- Melt butter in a saucepan or skillet and saute onions over medium high heat until softened. Add garlic, roasted poblano slices, corn, salt, pepper and cumin. Cook for 2 minutes stirring often.
- Lower heat to medium, add the 7.5 cheese and Mexican crema. Mix well and cook for about 5 minutes or until the cream starts to bubble.
- Serve immediately with warm tortillas, tortilla chips or as a side dish.