SAVORY STUFFED PUMPKIN “SEVEN POINT FIVE”
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Yield: 5-6 servings
- 5-6 MINI PUMPKINS
- 2 CUPS COOKED BROWN RICE
- 3 TBSP OLIVE OIL
- 1 1/2 CUP DICED YELLOW ONION
- 1 TBSP MINCED GARLIC
- 1/2 CUP FINELY DICED CELERY
- 1 1/2 TSP DRIED ROSEMARY
- 1 1/2 TSP DRIED MEXICAN OREGANO
- 1 1/2 TSP FRESH SAGE (CHOPPED)
- 2 TBSP FRESHLY CHOPPED PARSLEY
- 1 TSP SALT
- 1/2 TSP PEPPER
- 1/2 CUP VEGETABLE BROTH
- 4 OZ MISHA’S SEVEN POINT FIVE CHEESE
- 1/2 CUP FINELY CHOPPED PECANS
- 1/2 CUP FRESH CRANBERRIES (OPTIONAL)
Preheat the oven to 350˚F / 175˚C.
To prep pumpkins, cut off the tops (set aside), then scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
Cook brown rice according to package directions.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a sauté pan. Add onion and sauté until translucent, or about 5 minutes. Add celery and garlic; continue to cook until all veggies are softened. Add rosemary, oregano, sage, parsley, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. Add vegetable broth and let reduce for a minute or two.
Stir vegetable mixture into cooked wild rice. Then stir in pecans, cranberries, and 1/2 cup of the Seven Point Five cheese.
Stuff each pumpkin with about 1/2 cup of filling, packing it in with a spoon. Replace pumpkin top and bake for 40 - 50 minutes.