INGREDIENTS (French Connection)
- 1 pound ground sausage or plant based sausage
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups half and half
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 cup French connection cheese
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle in flour. Stir until meat is coated in flour, cook for 1 minute.
- Add butter, half & half and bring mixture to a boil.Reduce heat and simmer until thick,
about 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, nutmeg and paprika.
- Stir in 1/4 of a cup French connection cheese along with the splash of Worcestershire
- Serve over warm biscuits.