Effective November 7th, 2023
Scope of this Policy
We may collect the following categories of personal information (a) directly from you (such as when you create an account, submit an order through the Site, or send communications to us through the Site, email, social media, or other means), (b) from the device and browser that you use to access the Service, (c) from cookies.
We may collect your name, email address, account username and password, postal address, and phone number.
We may collect device information when you visit our Site or otherwise engage with our content. Device information may include your computer or mobile device type and browser type.
Internet Activity Information
We may collect information concerning your interaction with our Site, including geolocation information based on your IP address, how you interact with the Site, including when you access the Site and browsing activity on the Site. This may include “traffic data” or tracking information provided by the Site’s host or similar provider of such information (e.g., Google Analytics) that may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the Service.
A cookie is a small string of information that a website that you visit transfers to your browser for identification purposes. Cookies can be used to follow your activity while using a website or across websites, and that information helps companies understand your preferences and tendencies, as well as improve and personalize your website experience. Some cookies are necessary to operate a website, while others can be functional or analytical (as discussed in more detail below).
Cookies on our Site are generally divided into the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into password-protected portions of the Site. These cookies are session cookies that are erased when you close your browser.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies. These allow us to recognize and count the number of users on the Site and understand how such users navigate through the Site (e.g., when and which pages are visited, in which order the pages are visited, and where a user is located). This helps improve how the Site works, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily. We use Google Analytics for part of this process. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ and http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html. You can opt-out of Google Analytics’ collection and use of data generated by your use of the Site by going to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Functional Cookies. These improve the functional performance of the Site and make it easier for you to use. For example, cookies are used to remember that you previously visited the Site and asked to remain logged into it (e.g., this saves your username and/or shopping cart). These cookies qualify as persistent cookies because they remain on your device for us to use during your next visit to the Site. You can delete these cookies as detailed below.
You can prevent the use of certain cookies by modifying your Internet browser settings, typically under the sections “Help” or “Internet Options.” If you disable or delete certain cookies in your Internet browser settings, you may still access the Site, however, you might not be able to access or use important functions or features of the Site, and you may, for example, be required to re-enter your log-in details.
At this time, Misha’s does not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “do-not-track” instructions.
The Service is not intended for use by people under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly or intentionally gather personal information about visitors who are under the age of 16. If you are aware of, or suspect that, someone under the age of 16 is using the Site without permission, please notify us immediately by contacting us as detailed in the Contact Information section below. If you have questions or concerns about the Internet and privacy for your child, we encourage you to check out the FTC Guidelines for protecting your child’s privacy online.
We collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Provide the Service to you;
- Provide products or services requested by, or reasonably anticipated by, you;
- Manage your relationship with us and respond to your inquiries or requests;
- Keep track of your shopping cart;
- Administer promotions, events, or surveys;
- Provide you with relevant promotional materials or information about the company and its products;
- Analyze use of our website;
- Detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity or prosecute those responsible; and
- Comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
Misha’s may share your personal information with the following third parties:
- Service providers and suppliers, including Shopify who operates our online store, as well as payment processors, hosting providers and IT outsourcing, and shipping service providers. In some instances, service providers will be directly responsible to you for their use of your personal information. They may be obliged by law to provide you with additional information regarding the personal information that they hold about you and how and why they process that information. Further information may be provided to you in a separate notice or may be obtained from such service providers directly, for example, via their websites.
- Advisers and financial institutions, including legal, tax, auditors, risk and compliance, notaries, and business continuity support services.
- Where permitted by applicable laws, with third parties in connection with a corporate restructuring, sale, transfer, or assignment of assets or business merger divestiture, or other changes to the company’s control of financial status.
- Government bodies, dispute resolution organizations, law enforcement agencies, or third parties in connection with (a) responding to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful request for information we receive; (b) cooperating in a law enforcement or similar investigation; or (c) otherwise protecting our rights, as applicable.
If you no longer want to receive our newsletter, emails or other marketing communications, you may unsubscribe at any time by contacting us at the email address in the Contact Information section below. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain correspondence from us, including messages relating directly to your account or orders placed through the Site.
We maintain reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration, or unintentional destruction. We have implemented various security measures to protect both the personal information and the general information that we receive from you through the Service.
Whenever you give out personal information online there is a risk that third parties may intercept and use that information. Although we seek to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online. To the extent permitted under applicable law, we assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized access by third parties, or other causes beyond our control.
You play an important role in keeping your information secure. You should not share your username or password with anyone. If you have reason to believe that your account is no longer secure, please contact us immediately at the information in the Contact Information section below.Third-Party Links
For your convenience, we may link to third-party sites and services, or otherwise display third-party content through the Site to provide increased value to our visitors. We have no control over these linked sites, each of which has separate privacy and data collection policies and practices independent from us. As such we have no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions and are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any such websites. Please note that these other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, or solicit personal information, and we encourage you to review their policies before engaging with these third-party sites.